Sensor Set Up
Getting Started Guides
Below is a quick and easy guide to get your new device setup and ready to use! You can also download our Getting Started Guide (PDF) to take with you anywhere your sensor goes.
In this Article
Getting Started Guide | S Series
We recommend copying the files from your sensor to a local folder on your PC - then use the local files.
Step-by-Step | S Series
- Plug in to charge and connect - Connect the enDAQ sensor to a computer via the USB cable provided. It will typically take 2 to 4 hours for a full charge.
- Copy files to PC - Copy Documentation, and Software folders to a directory on your computer. The Documentation folder contains the User Manual, Data Sheet, Quick Start Guide, and Calibration Certificate.
- Open enDAQ Lab software - Open the Lab executable file from the Software folder on your computer. For more information on the Lab software, visit the Lab overview page.
- Set rates & triggers - Refer to the Configuration Overview article for a detailed parameters explanation. This also includes instructions and screen views.
- Disconnect - Disconnect the enDAQ sensor from your computer.
- Mount to surface - Refer to the Mounting Instructions article for a detailed explanation and CAD models.
- Press large button to start - Press the button to begin recording or to initiate the trigger sequence. Regardless of configuration, the button must be pressed to “arm” the device.
- Plug into PC to view data - Following completion, the data recorded by enDAQ sensor can be downloaded and viewed using either of our software options: Lab or Analyzer. Visit the Lab overview page and the Analyzer overview page for more information.
Getting Started Guide | W Series
W-Series sensors can be configured with the wireless turned off to operate the same as S-Series sensors. The following is for using the wireless functionality of these sensors.
Step-by-Step | W Series
- Plug into PC. Open enDAQ Lab Software, select "Configure a Recording Device" - Connect the enDAQ sensor to a computer via the USB cable provided. Open the Lab executable file from the Software folder on the device. For more information on the Lab software, visit the Lab overview page. Select "Configure a Recording Device."
- Connect to your wireless network using the Wi-Fi tab of the sensor's config. screen - The device will scan for available WiFi networks and make these available to be selected in the Lab configuration. Simply select the network you want to connect to, enter the password, and the Lab will verify it successfully connected. For more information and a video, visit the Configuring a W-Series Device page.
- Verify that the "Connected" box to the right of your network is checked
- Keep sensor connected to power - This ensures that the WiFi module stays powered so that it can be available for pairing.
- Create an account at cloud.endaq.com - Visit the Cloud overview page for more information and helpful videos to get you started.
- On the "Link a Sensor" page, enter the sensor's serial number - Visit the Connecting to the Cloud page for more information and helpful videos to get you started.
- Wait for the sensor's LEDs to alternate red, then green, repeating
- Hold down the button for 5 seconds
- Your sensor is now connected to the Cloud!
* Note: By default, the sensor does not upload recordings, but this can be set in the "General" tab of the device configuration window in enDAQ Lab.
More discussion on LED status is available in the LED Status Indication article. The table is included here for convenience.
When Connected to Power | All Sensors
Connecting: When sensor is connecting to Wi-Fi, all LEDs will blink on and off.
Pairing: When the sensor is pairing, the LEDs will alternate red then green, repeating.
During Operation All Sensors
* S Series: A Blue Light blinking during operation indicates IMU is not calibrated.
* W Series: A solid Blue Light while recording indicates that the GPS is on but has not yet secured a lock with the satellites.
* W Series: A rapid blinking Blue Light while recording indicates the GPS is on and has secured an accurate lock with the satellites.
After Recording is Finished | W Series